Thursday 18 April 2013

Lightbulb Moments

                  English made a lot of lightbulb moments in my life. My father is good at English. He speaks well, write well, read well. When the first time I got back to Hong Kong from Canada for Christmas holiday, my father tried to speak English with me. He kept saying that my English improved a lot. I was really happy hearing this.
                  There was a foreigner visiting Hong Kong and didn't know where to go. He asked me and I used complete sentence to answer him. When I was young, I could just say a little bit of vocabularies, but now I can speak full sentence which I felt proud of myself
                   English really helps me a lot and I have more self-confidence. I feel really grateful that people knowing my improvement.

1 comment:

  1. This is very inspiring. It is amazing that you can even speak another language. I struggle with learning new languages, after learning french for about 5 years I only know the basics. I wish I could speak another language, however I am grateful that I am blessed with already knowing english. There is a pressure placed on foreigners to learn english because it is such a big part of the world especially from an economic standpoint. It is amazing that you have learned more about the english language and I wish you luck with mastering the language in the future.

    ReplyDelete