Sunday 14 April 2013

Dear you...




Dear Matilda,

            Hello Matilda, I am Audrey. I am writing you this letter to say goodbye to you. You are the first character in a book I’ve liked and the first book I read since I was Grade 4.
            I remember I have read Matilda for at least 10 times when I was young because I admire your braveness and your smartness. You parents were the worst parents I’ve ever seen in my life. They didn’t care about you and didn’t understand you. They were being rude to you by calling you idiot. However, you won’t get mad by them, you tricked them. You were so brave because I could never do that to my parents. I always wish I could be as brave as you, but I couldn’t until I turned 14. In the past, I did whatever they wanted me to do. I really want to be as smart as you! You were only 4 years old but you knew how to read a book that I think it is difficult and too much for me to read. I tried hard to read but I was still not interested in reading. My parents forced me to read, so I did not understand what were the novels talking about because I did not want to read them. Even though I knew that reading is important and helpful for improving my English, I still refused reading. My parents and teacher said I am smart, but I don’t think I am. So I treated you as my example. Reading is not boring for me now. At least I can finish the book and understand clearly what the author wanted to show us. I will not reject reading anymore. Reading really made my English improve a lot.
            I have to thank you that you have come into my life. I am glad that you’ve changed me. It is sad that you are leaving. You have affected me so much. I will never forget about you and how you have changed me to a better person. I will do even better in the rest of my life. Thank you so much and hope to see you in our next life.

Your Sincerely,

Audrey

4 comments:

  1. I have also enjoyed reading Matilda when I was younger, and it was interesting to read about how the book changed your views on reading and learning new things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading Matilda when I was younger and also found it to be a interesting book. It was nice to see how you were able to relate this novel to your life. Its as if someone made this novel knowing it would help you. Its good to see that this book Matilda has changed you for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read Matilda more than five times as well as its movie. I can still remember how interesting the book is and my admiration of Matilda. It's so nice to look back the childhood and also learn your view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I haven't read Matilda it sounds like an interesting children's book. I like your response to it and how you directly talk to the character in the book and compare yourself to her. Did you really read the book 10 times?

    ReplyDelete